Self Service - Frequently Asked Questions
Confused about how to start off your first campaign? Well, you've
come to the right page. We've compiled a list of FAQs regarding ZEDO
Ad Network's Self Service platform. If your question isn’t answered
here, contact support
for help or chat with one of our support rep
Setting up an Ad Campaign
- How do I create an Ad?
- How do I edit an existing ad?
- How long does it take to approve
- What does the 'status' of my campaign
- How can I stop an ad that is currently
- Where can I see my reports?
- Can I control where my ad will appear?
- Can I increase my spending budget?
- How do I get billed?
- What is the pricing model in the Self Service
- What is a daily budget?
- How does the bidding system work?
- What is the minimum amount required to start
- How often can I change my budget?
- Can I change my bid amount once my ad is
- What happens when my campaign reaches its
- What happens if I increase my budget after
my campaign has reached its budget?
- What happens if I decrease my campaign budget?
- Will my bid guarantee a number of impressions
- My campaign has very low daily impressions.
Why is that?
- How can I increase the number of users who
view and click on my ad?
Setting up an Ad Campaign
- How do I create an Ad?
1. Click on the Create an Ad link tab or the ‘Create
an Ad’ link below the dashboard graph. You can create
either a text ad or an image/ banner ad.
2. To create a text ad, all you need to do is select the
Ad Type as 'Text' and then fill in the Title, Body Text
3. Choose the appropriate targeting audience.
4. Set a daily budget. The minimum budget per day is $30.
5. Set a competitive bid amount.
6. Click on the Run Now button to send the ad for approval.
do I edit an existing ad?
From the home dashboard, choose the Manage Ads tab:
- Click on the ad name under Your Ads
- Make the required changes
Note: Changes to targeting audience or
pricing will reflect immediately and the ad will continue
serving with no interruption. However, changes to the
ad content/ creative or the clickthrough URL will be sent
to the ZEDO Ad Network team for approval. Turnaround time
for approval is 1-3 business days.
long does it take to approve new ads?
Once the payment has been made, approving new ads usually
takes around 1-3 working days. If you make any changes
to your ad, it may need to be re-approved by our editorial
staff before your campaign can run.
- What does
the 'status' of my campaign mean?
We provide you with the status for your campaign to help
you track where your campaign currently stands. You can
find the meaning of your status below:
Just to give you a summary of the categories we provide:
- Running: Campaign with an approved ad that is currently
eligible to run across the ZEDO Ad Network.
- Under Review: Campaign has an ad that is awaiting
approval from the ZEDO Ad Network editorial team.
You could stop the ad from being approved by clicking
on the 'Pause now' link.
- Paused: Campaign that has been paused by the user.
You could send the campaign for approval by clicking
on the 'Run now' link under the 'Change' column.
- Draft: Campaign has been created but not yet sent
for approval. You could send the campaign for approval
by clicking on the 'Run now' link under the 'Change'
- Disapproved: Campaign has been rejected by the ZEDO
Ad Network editorial team. You can view the reason
by clicking on the 'View reason' link under the 'Change'
- Pausing: The changes to pause the ad are propagated
to the Ad Server. The ad will pause as soon as the
latest statistics arrive.
- Approved: The ad has been approved and should start
running within 30 minutes
- Payment pending: There is not enough money on the
user’s balance to start this ad.
- How can I
stop an ad that is currently running?
If your ad is currently running or is currently under
review, you can pause it by clicking on the ‘Pause’
link under the Change column.
- Where can
I see my reports?
We provide you with a graphical as well as tabular reporting
interface. Graphs are available from the main screen,
as well as from the ad editor screen (accessed by clicking
on a running ad)
Graphical: Here you could see the data for the total performance
of all the ads OR individual ad performance.
Tabular: Displays numerical data in terms of impressions,
clicks and total spend as well as the flight dates and
status for each ad created.
- Can I control
where my ad will appear?
You can target your ads to a particular country
, but you will not be able to control which specific websites
or pages your ad will appear across the ZEDO Ad Network.
- Can I increase
my spending budget?
Yes. You could also increase your spending budget from
the dashboard interface.
do I get billed?
Once the ad has been submitted, you will be asked to do
a payment which you could do using either your credit
card or a PayPal account. (You might want to do the payment
later i.e. after you have created all your ads.) You are
allowed to add as much credit to the account as you wish.
The amount used will only be what has you had allotted
to the ad that was just created. The remaining amount
will be deducted as and when you create subsequent ads
in future. In case the ad wasn't served as per the allocated
amount, we will transfer the unused amount back to your
available credits in ZEDO Ad Network account.
- How do I get billed?
The money deposited to your balance via PayPal, or credit card are
made available to the currently running ads. The system makes sure
the the the daily spend does not exceed the daily budgets of your
ads. Your balance decreases as the ads are served. Your ads will
only run if there is enough money on your balance.
- What is the pricing
model in the Self Service system?
The pricing model is CPM.
is a daily budget?
A daily budget is the maximum amount you want to spend on a campaign
each day. Once your campaign reaches that limit, our system will
stop showing your ad for that day. You will never accrue charges
in excess of your budget each day.
- How does the bidding
Maximum bid defines the maximum amount a user is willing to pay
per 1000 impressions.
A maximum bid is made per targeting criteria. The SelfService system
then monitors all other bids for the same targeting, and optimises
users spending to make sure money is spent in the most efficient
ZEDO SelfService makes sure that the user is paying the least
possible price, while deriving maximum performance based on the
bid. For example, if user A sets a bid of $10 for a targeting
criteria that has no other bidders, the user will actually only
get charged $1 per 1000 impressions. If another bidder, B sets
the same targeting, and set a bid of $5, the user A will be paying
$2 and guaranteed ad delivery, while user B will be paying $1.50,
and only receive impressions after user A has reached the target
- What is the minimum
amount required to start a campaign?
The minimum amount you need to spend is as little as $30 per day.
often can I change my budget?
You can change your budget as often as you like. There is no limit
on the number of times you can change your budget.
I change my bid amount once my ad is live?
Yes. You can change your bid amount anytime.
- What happens when
my campaign reaches its daily budget?
When your campaign daily budget is reached, your ad will no longer
appear for that day and will re-appear on the next day until the
time you pause the ad. When your campaign lifetime budget is reached,
your ad will stop serving unless you increase the amount of money
you are willing to spend.
happens if I increase my budget after my campaign has reached its
Your ad will re-appear until the new spending limit is reached.
Once your new spending limit is reached, your ad will stop showing
for that day and re-appear on the next day as well until the time
you pause the ad.
- What happens if
I decrease my campaign budget?
The new budget will be applied starting from the next day.
- Will my bid guarantee
a number of impressions or clicks?
No, bids do not guarantee a number of impressions or clicks. If
you are not receiving the number of impressions or clicks you would
like, we suggest you increase your bid to be more competitive, modify
your targeting to a more relevant audience, or improve your ad creative.
- My campaign has
very low daily impressions. Why is that?
If you are not receiving the number of impressions or clicks you
would like, we suggest you increase your bid to be more competitive,
or modify your targeting to a more relevant audience.
- How can I increase
the number of users who view and click on my ad?
- You can increase the budget
- You can increase your bid amount to be more competitive against
other advertisers that are vying for the same inventory.
- Try revising your ad to include a better visual design, ad caption
and call-to-action language to entice a prospective customer to
take immediate action. (again, this applies only to clicks, na?)
- You can modify your targeting criteria to reach a broader audience
and therefore attempt to capture a higher number of impressions
and clicks. Sometimes, advertisers go too granular with all our
available targeting options and end up inadvertently preventing
their ad from being seen by potential customers who fall outside
of their targets. By loosening your targeting criteria, you may
reach a broader audience and capture more impressions and clicks.
- Alternatively, if you're receiving an adequate number of impressions
but too few clicks, you may try narrowing your targeting criteria
to make your ad be seen only by users you feel are most likely to
click, thereby trying to improve your overall click-thru-rate (CTR)
and number of clicks.
ZEDO Ad Network reserves the right to review any advertisement to
determine the appropriateness of the advertisement for its network
- The advertising content must be clearly identifiable as an advertisement.
- Advertisements cannot mislead the user. For example, they may
not mimic or resemble Windows/Mac/Unix dialog boxes, error messages,
or the like.
- Indecent, vulgar, suggestive or other advertising that, in the
opinion of ZEDO Ad Network, may be offensive to good taste.
- Advertisements cannot solicit or collect, or appear to solicit
or collect, any personally identifiable information from ZEDO Ad
Network’s publisher sites.
- Advertisements cannot contain graphics that simulate interactivity
(i.e. dropdown menus, search boxes etc.) without that functionality
- Ads must be branded with the name of the advertiser or company
as part of the ad.
- Strobing, flashing backgrounds or otherwise distracting ads are